Planning your very own event is fun and a great way to build team spirit and employee morale, in addition to supporting the urgent mission of Carrier Clinic! Follow these easy steps to support Carrier Clinic in your organization and make your efforts a success.
- Find other champions within your organization! Create a committee by asking others to help you plan your event.
- Educate your members by sharing information about the important work being done by Carrier Clinic. Invite a Carrier Clinic representative to do a presentation or to supply brochures for you to distribute at a meeting.
- Decide what you would like to do in support of Carrier Clinic. Some ideas include planning any one or more of the following:
- Canning in front of a local business (be sure to get permission from the business owners/ management and always use the “buddy system”)
- Flea market or rummage sale— sell spaces for your flea market with all proceeds benefiting Carrier Clinic
- Pancake breakfast
- Spaghetti dinner
- Block party
- Barbecue in the park
- Themed dinner/dance: 50’s Sock Hop, 70’s Woodstock, Roaring 20’s, Disco Fever
- Book sale
- Fashion show
- Art sale
- House tours: gardens, holiday decorations
- Bus trip to casinos, shopping, shows
- Sports tournaments—softball, volley ball, golf…you decide!
- Pick the date for your event
- Set a goal and let others know how much you are trying to raise in support of Carrier Clinic’s mission… then go for it!
- Let Carrier Clinic know your fundraising plans, send an email to email@example.com
- Publicize! Publicize! Publicize! Create posters and distribute to local businesses, send emails with regular updates to your membership, publicize in local newspapers and on local community TV and let everyone know!
- Hold your event
- Convert all cash and send checks only to Carrier Clinic, Development Office, P.O. Box 147, 252 Route 601. Belle Mead, NJ 08502
- Celebrate your hard work and recognize those who helped make your event a success!
- When deducting expenses from the gross revenue, the event must be advertised as “a portion of the proceeds to benefit Carrier Clinic” and all expenses must be deducted prior to sending money raised to Carrier Clinic.
- Carrier Clinic will not be held responsible for any costs incurred while fundraising on our behalf.
- Carrier Clinic reserves the right to refuse support based on a conflict of the mission of Carrier Clinic.
- Expenses should not exceed 50% of total gross revenue raised in support of Carrier Clinic, and all parties should strive to keep expenses no greater than 15% of total gross revenue.
- Events and donors must meet all local, state, and federal laws governing charitable contributions and tax deductions. Meeting and understanding all restrictions as they apply to charitable giving laws and regulations is the responsibility of the donor.
- All events should be executed in a safe environment with no excessive risk involved for participants. Carrier Clinic will not be held responsible for injuries sustained during an event benefiting Carrier Clinic.
- All permissions, permits, licenses, and insurance are the responsibility of the company/ organization planning the event. Carrier Clinic will not be held responsible for fines or legal fees incurred due to an event held to benefit Carrier Clinic.
For more information about corporate support
or call Donna Reed Zaleski, Director of Fund Development, at (908)281-1495.