Planning your very own event is fun and a great way to build team spirit and employee morale, in addition to supporting the urgent mission of Carrier Clinic®!
Plan your own FUNdraiser!
- Find other champions within your company
- Create a committee by asking others to help you plan your event.
- Find a management champion! Ask a senior level manager to support your efforts by sending an email, a memo, or by leaving a company-wide voicemail asking everyone to join the fun (or a combination of all three support ideas)
- Educate your colleagues by sharing information about the important work being done by Carrier Clinic. Contact the Development office at Carrier Clinic, and ask a representative to do a presentation or to supply brochures for you to distribute to your co-workers.
- Decide what you would like to do in support of Carrier Clinic. Some ideas include planning any one or more of the following:
- Bowl-a-thon (participants raise money by securing donations in support of their efforts, make this even more fun by offering prizes for the person with the highest score and the person who raises the most money)
- Walk-a-thon on your school’s property—create interactive checkpoints along the way that support the current curriculum such as a hands-on science table or physical education stops; hula hoops and jump ropes make this a fun stop!
- Jeans Day or Dress Down Day–Make this even more fun by incorporating a theme such as Sports Fan or Hawaiian/Beach theme
- Candy sales
- Bake sales
- Sweepstakes or auctions
- Coin Wars—See which class or grade can collect the most change and give the winning class a pizza or ice cream party! For younger children incorporate this giving project into the math curriculum for an extra benefit. (Please convert all change to one check made payable to Carrier Clinic.)
- Flea market or rummage sale—ask parents to purchase spots to sell their used items. This can be done in the school parking lot on a Saturday or Sunday. Have one of the student organizations sell sodas, water, candy, and other snacks to people who attend. Be sure to publicize your flea market in the local newspapers.
- Book sale
- Fashion show
- Art sale
- Sports tournaments—softball, volleyball, golf…you decide!
- Or any type of sale or event that you and your colleagues would enjoy doing
- Pick the date for your event
- Set a goal and let others know how much you are trying to raise in support of Carrier Clinic’s mission…then go for it!
- Let Carrier Clinic know your fundraising plans, send an email to [email protected]
- Publicize! Publicize! Publicize! Create posters, emails, flyers, and let everyone know! Be sure to make morning announcements leading up to your event.
- Hold your event.
- Convert all cash and send checks only to Carrier Clinic, Development Office, P.O. Box 147, 252 Route 601. Belle Mead, NJ 08502.
- Celebrate your hard work and recognize those who helped make your event a success.
- When deducting expenses from the gross revenue, the event must be advertised as “a portion of the proceeds to benefit Carrier Clinic” and all expenses must be deducted prior to sending money raised to Carrier Clinic.
- Carrier Clinic will not be held responsible for any costs incurred while fundraising on our behalf.
- Carrier Clinic reserves the right to refuse support based on a conflict of the mission of Carrier Clinic.
- Expenses should not exceed 50% of total gross revenue raised in support of Carrier Clinic, and all parties should strive to keep expenses no greater than 15% of total gross revenue.
- Events and donors must meet all local, state, and federal laws governing charitable contributions and tax deductions. Meeting and understanding all restrictions as they apply to charitable giving laws and regulations is the responsibility of the donor.
- All events should be executed in a safe environment with no excessive risk involved for participants. Carrier Clinic will not be held responsible for injuries sustained during an event benefitting Carrier Clinic.
- All permissions, permits, licenses, and insurance are the responsibility of the company/ organization planning the event. Carrier Clinic will not be held responsible for fines or legal fees incurred due to an event held to benefit Carrier Clinic.
Matching Gifts… an easy way to double your support
If either you or your spouse is employed by a company with a Matching Gift Program, it may be possible for you to increase your financial support of Carrier Clinic without additional expense to you. Below is a list of local companies who support the important work being done in health care. Please contact your Human Resources department and ask for your company’s Matching Gift Application. If you do not see your company listed here please check with your Human Resources department to see if a new Matching Gift Program has been added. Once you have received the Matching Gift application from your Human Resources department please fill it out entirely and if your donation was made online with a credit card, send just your completed Matching Gift form to Carrier Clinic.
If you are sending your donation by check, please be sure to include the completed Matching Gift form with your check and send it to Carrier Clinic at the address below.
Attention: Fund Development Department
P.O. Box 147
252 Route 601
Belle Mead, NJ 08502
Local companies with matching gift programs:
- American Express Company
- AON Corporation
- Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
- AXA Foundation
- Bank of America Corp.
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd.
- Becton Dickinson Corp.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Chubb & Son, Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- C.R. Bard
- Dun & Bradstreet
- Gannett Co., Inc.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- Home Depot
- Ikaria Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
- JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Kraft Foods
- McGraw-Hill Companies
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis Corp.
- Pfizer Inc.
- PNC Financial Services Bank
- PriceWaterhouse Coopers, LLP
- Prudential Insurance Company of America
- sanofi-aventis U.S.
- Sony Corporation of America
- United Parcel Service
For more information about corporate support
or call the Director of Development, Public Relations & Marketing, at (908)281-1495.