Our Oct. 20th session has been canceled and rescheduled for Dec. 8th. We apologize for any inconvenience. Sign up for our Dec. 8th class below.
Get Trained in Mental Health First Aid!
Do you or your/friends/family/coworkers:
- Feel overwhelmed and undertrained when helping clients, friends or family members who struggle with mental health or chemical dependency problems?
- Want to know more about mental health issues and how they impact people’s lives?
- Want to know what YOU can do to better serve individuals with these problems?
- Have a friend or family member struggling with mental health issues?
This class is specifically useful for anyone in a “helping” profession.
Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour training course designed to give members of the public key skills to help with all of these concerns and more. Just as CPR training helps a layperson without medical training assist an individual following a heart attack, Mental Health First Aid training helps a layperson assist someone experiencing a mental health crisis.
Learning Objectives for the course:
- Knowledge of the potential risk factors and warning signs for a range of mental health problems, including depression, anxiety/trauma, psychosis and psychotic disorders, eating disorders, substance use disorders, and self-injury
- A 5-step action plan encompassing the skills, resources, and knowledge to assess the situation, to select and implement appropriate interventions, and to help the individual in crisis connect with appropriate professional care
- An understanding of the prevalence of various mental health disorders in the U.S. and the need for reduced stigma in their communities
- Working knowledge of the appropriate professional, peer, social, and self-help resources available to help someone with a mental health problem treat and manage the problem and achieve recovery
Mental Health First Aid Training Event Details
Date/Time: Dec. 8th, 8 am – 5 pm
Location: Carrier Clinic® Administration Building Training Center
Cost: $25 per person (includes meals and the cost of a manual)
Facilitator: Jacqueline Bienenstock, MSN, RN-BC
To register: You must register and pay online prior to the event, using the form below.
Questions: Contact [email protected]