What to Do: Mental Illness & Addiction Guide
If you or a loved one is:
- Exhibiting changes in normal behavior or routine, including irresponsible/rebellious behavior (skipping school, sudden drop in grades, neglecting appearance, changes in appetite or sleep)
- Losing interest in family, friends, and/or hobbies
- Self-harming (for example: cutting, burning that does not need immediate medical attention).
If you or a loved one:
- Self-harming to the point of needing medical attention (such as profuse bleeding or serious burns) or attempting suicide
- Preoccupied with death and dying
- Exhibiting increasingly escalating behavior that is dangerous and/or threatening to become dangerous.
PLEASE CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY