Retreat & Recovery at Ramapo Valley
We provide a broad range of outpatient treatment services at our newly renovated Carriage House and work collaboratively to provide a smooth transition from any inpatient facility at which you may have started your recovery journey.
Our facility will be expanding to include comprehensive inpatient detox and rehabilitation services.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- IOP is offered Monday through Thursday and is comprised of both group and individual therapy as well as case management services. This level of care provides 9-12 hours of clinical care each week, depending on clinical need.
- Outpatient Program (OP)
- The Outpatient Program is offered Monday through Thursday and is comprised of both group and individual therapy as well as case management services. This level of care provides up to 8 hours of care each week, depending on clinical need.
- Family Program
- Retreat & Recovery at Ramapo Valley provides care to not only the individual engaged in care but to the individual’s family members as well. We understand the complexity and pervasive nature of addiction and therefore offer family services to provide the most optimal outcome possible.
- The Family Program is offered once per month in a group setting. Our clinical team guides a psychoeducational discussion for family members and loved ones to increase insight and awareness surrounding substance use disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to, boundary setting, communication, recovery planning, neurobiology of addiction, family systems, and support networks.
- Individual Family Therapy is offered based on the identified needs of each person and their family. These services are offered Monday through Friday in between the hours of 10 a.m.and 8 p.m.
- Co-Occurring Services
- At the Retreat & Recovery at Ramapo Valley we understand the challenges that present in successfully managing the behaviors and symptoms associated with not only a substance use disorder but a co-occurring mental health disorder as well. Our hybrid care model is designed to simultaneously address BOTH the substance use and mental health disorder. The interconnectedness of these two areas requires a tactful integration of care to guide you in establishing the awareness and skills necessary to build a strong foundation of mental wellness. Our licensed professionals are here to support you and to provide the care you deserve to begin the journey to long-term recovery.
- In addition, our onsite Medical Director is available to support you in effectively managing a co-occurring disorder. Through a comprehensive evaluation, our Medical Director will work with you to establish an appropriate medication plan and offer continued monitoring throughout your care at Retreat & Recovery at Ramapo Valley.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Retreat & Recovery at Ramapo Valley provides MAT when clinically appropriate for the individual. Under the guidance of our Medical Director, our interdisciplinary team provides the education and clinical support needed to effectively provide this level of treatment.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) is the use of FDA-approved medications, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a “whole-patient” approach to the treatment of a substance use disorder (SAMHSA, 2020).
- Buprenorphine – opioid that blocks other narcotics while reducing withdrawal risk.
- Naltrexone – Non-addictive opioid that blocks the effects of other narcotics; daily pill or monthly injection.
1071 Ramapo Valley Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Most insurance accepted. Please call our admissions service advisor for insurance verification.