Carrier Clinic®, an NJ psychiatric hospital and recovery center, hosts a monthly webinar series on various mental health and addiction topics, many corresponding with seasonality and mental health awareness months. Webinars are free and open to all. The goal of the Carrier Clinic webinar series is to help increase awareness of these important issues, combat the stigma of mental illness and addiction, and provide resources and information about how to get help.
Music Therapy for Children and Adults
Date: Wednesday, March 20, 12:30 p.m. EST
Presenters: Sarah Pugliese, MMT, MT-BC, board-certified music therapist, and Crista Orefice, MA, MT-BC, board-certified music therapist.
In celebration of Music Therapy Awareness Month, this webinar will discuss music therapy practices for children and adults and how this alternative therapy can be beneficial in treating and overcoming mental health and/or addiction issues.
Our February Webinar
Many thanks to all those who attended our February webinar on culturally informed practice for transgender patients! We will be posting a recap with the video recording shortly, so keep an eye out for that. See below for our upcoming webinar schedule through June 2019.
Our 10/11/18 webinar, “Bullying: What It Is, Why It Hurts,” will be rescheduled at a later date. Thank you for your interest – we’ll let you know once the new date has been decided.
- Date: Friday, April 19, 12:30 p.m.
- Topic: “Disparities in Care and Access to Mental Health Services for Minorities”
- Presenter: Don Parker, LCSW, president, Carrier Clinic
- Notes: April is National Minority Health Month
- Date: Wednesday, May 22, 12:30 p.m.
- Topic: “Where to Go When You Think You Need Help”
- Presenter: Danyla Frazier, LCSW, NASW, manager of clinical social services.
- Notes: May is Mental Health Awareness Month
- Date: Thursday, June 6, 12:30 p.m.
- Topic: Gardening as Therapy for the Mind
- Presenter: Laura DePrado
- Notes: The summer growing season is upon us as horticultural therapist Laura DePrado explains the field of horticultural therapy: what it is, how it is used, and its value as a tool in the healing process.